How We'll Help You Choose The Right Grow Light
When you make a purchase from our online hydroponics store, or if you come into our showroom and distribution centre in Auckland, the last thing we want to do is sell you something in a hurry and leave you to it. Herbal House is a family run business, and in our family, ethics are important. It wouldn’t be right for us to sell you a product that is totally at odds with what you need, just for the sake of making a quick buck. We always want you to make the right choice, and we’ll happily work with you to make that happen; this includes choosing a suitable grow light.
Not every grow light is created equal. Check out our range and you’ll see that is most definitely the case. So, to help you select the right one out of all those options, here are a few things to consider:
- What are you growing? All LED lights will work to a certain extent, but some are better suited to different plants. Instead of taking a one-size-fits-all approach, discuss this subject with us before you buy.
- How much space do you have, and how big is your garden? This will help you decide on the number and of lights you need. Do some measuring and let us know - we’ll happily do some calculations for you.
- What is the heat output of the lights? A low heat output means there won't be damage to the plant and, crucially, allows for less space between the light and the plant.
- How flexible are they? You might have to adjust the position of the lights depending on the type of plant and where it in its growth stage. Also, it’s important that the wavelength and light intensity are also adjustable. You want to be sure that flexibility and ease-of-use combine in the lights you choose.
- What is the spectrum of the lights? Plants can grow under almost any type of light, but efficient photosynthesis needs different wavelengths. The best grow lights cover the spectrum necessary through each growth stage.
They’re just a few of the things you need to take into consideration when choosing a grow light and we’ll be delighted to go over all the factors with you so you purchase the right one. As leading suppliers of grow lights in New Zealand, we have built up a lot of expert knowledge and we think it’s only fair we share that knowledge with you.